Saturday, August 1, 2009

Nigerian family party

Played a gorgeous party for Adi Fapohunda... It was her 25th wedding anniversary and 50th birthday party. They had a lovely dinner, speeches and then dancing at the Shannopin Country Club. I played jazz and kora music during dinner (and a little Al Green!), and Nigerian music all night for the dance party... Fela Kuti, King Sunny Ade, Ayefele, Koola Lobitos, Tony Allen and more... Adi requested some reggae, so i played some classic tunes and a little dancehall. Great times! I'll upload photos when I get them from the photographer...

0 comments:

about this blog...

i blog about music, art, politics & esoterica over at that veiled gazelle... after a while i realized i needed a second blog just for my deejay gigs, so fans of my styliferousness could know when the next hot party was happening. welcome! subscribe right there to always know what's up!
<---------

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP